You Must Read This Story - Water Damage Nightmare
As a building contractor, I see a lot of stuff and hear a
lot of stories. I would like to share something that I heard from my
plumbing contractor about one of the worst water damage nightmares in
It was about one o'clock in the morning when Tom woke up, only to step out of his bed into 6 inches of water. Not only did this frighten him, because he wasn't prepared to step into icy cold water, but he didn't know what to do or how to handle the situation.
Tom wasn't prepared for this water damage nightmare and he panicked. What Tom did next, was something that most men seem to be great at, but the results aren't very helpful. He yelled at the top of his lungs and started to panic.
This woke his wife up as she looked at her husband hysterically yelling and screaming like he belonged in a mental hospital. She finally calmed him down, but before she did, she reached over to turn on a lamp, that had a damaged electrical cord that was immersed in the water.
Since the light didn't go on, she chose to step out of the bed and got electrocuted. This didn't seem to help her husband out one bit. Believe it or not, the two of them were trapped on the bed and didn't know what to do.
Tom's screaming woke up his eldest daughter who got out of bed successfully, because the electrical breaker had shut off the power to the lamp and it was no longer a problem. As she walked into the room, her mother and father freaked out, because they thought she was going to get electrocuted.
To make a long story short, if it wasn't for their oldest daughter who quickly called 911, the mother and father would've never got off the bed. Only after the fire department got there and said that everything was okay, did they finally get off the bed.
The moral to the story is. If Tom and his family understood a little bit more about their homes electrical and plumbing system, they might not have had to suffer through this water damage nightmare. It wouldn't be a bad idea for you and your family to also have a basic understanding of your plumbing and electrical system.