Five Things You Should Know About Your Contractor
One of the most important things that you need to
seriously consider, before hiring any home improvement contractor, is to
know these five things.
1. Is your contractor licensed and insured? most of the time you can check with local or state governments to find out if your contractor has a specific license and what type of insurance coverage they have.
2. If your contractor has people that work for them, make sure that they have the required insurance. In most cases, remodeling and building contractors need to carry workers compensation insurance and pay local state and federal taxes.
3. Is your contractor a local contractor? If your contractor lives too far away, you could find yourself dealing with all sorts of problems. Try to find a contractor that is close.
4. Do you get along with the contractor? If you don’t feel comfortable with your contractor, find another one. More common ground is less battle ground.
5. Does your contractor have enough experience to complete the project? A few questions about your job and contractor should reveal all that you need to know about them.
I can’t stress this enough, you must get along with your contractor and their workers. This one thing could save you a lot of frustration if you run into any problems while the job is in progress.