Five Smart Tips To Prepare Yourself For Water Damage
Water damage prevention can save you a lot of stress,
especially if you have a broken water pipe flooding your kitchen floor.
If you don't want to find yourself in a stressful situation, you need to
prepare for it and figure out ways to prevent it. Here are five smart
tips for water damage prevention that can be applied to almost any home.
1. Make sure that you know how to shut the water off to your home. Just in case you can't prevent a water leak, you should know where the main water supply shutoff valve is, just in case there is one.
2. Inspect your water pipes at least once a year. If you notice any corrosion, cracks or possible damage, now would be the time to fix it. The best time to fix anything is before it actually breaks.
3. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a large roll of plastic and a few water buckets in your garage. If there is a water leak, you can use the buckets and plastic to prevent it from damaging your floors.
4. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a submersible water pump and maybe a large shop vacuum cleaner. The faster that you get the water out of the house, the better.
5. Make sure that you have the phone numbers of at least three plumbers in your area and it wouldn't be a bad idea to have the phone numbers of at least three home damage repair contractors.
These tips might not save your life, but they sure can save you a lot of frustration and stress. If you're not going to take my advice and you do find yourself in a water damage emergency, you could always run outside of your house and start screaming and yelling for help. If this isn't what you wanted to, maybe you should prepare yourself, just in case.