Five Reasons Homeowners Get Furious At Contractors
One of the worst things that can happen during any home
remodeling project is to create a problem that can't be solved by the
homeowner or the contractor. Here are five reasons that homeowners get
furious at contractors.
1. The contractor isn't showing up on time. This has got to be one of the biggest problems between homeowners and contractors. The contractor isn't showing up when they say that they will and the homeowner is now tired of the excuses.
2. The home improvement project keeps failing the building inspection. This is a clear sign to the homeowner that the contractor is incompetent and incapable of performing their job.
3. Not another change order. Homeowners can't stand to be charged for petty things that they feel should have been included by the contractor from the beginning. Change orders can be avoided, if the homeowner and contractor take the time to plan the job properly before it starts.
4. The contractor was nice but his workers are mean. This happens a lot in the home improvement business. The contractor sells the job and is usually clean and gives you a good impression, until the workers show up on the job.
5. The contractor won't return your phone calls. This has got to be one of the most irritating things that a contractor can do to a homeowner. By not returning the homeowner's phone calls, gives the homeowner a clear sign that you're only interested in the money and not the project.
Before starting any jobs, make sure that your contractor will be returning your phone calls, has a good crew, will not be change ordering you to death, can handle the building inspections and will show up on time.