Five Bathroom Remodeling Starting Tips
You're tired of your old bathroom and it's time to
remodel it and you don't know where to start. You've went down to the
book store and purchased a few books, magazines and have even read some
great articles on the Internet. However, you're still confused and don't
know really where to start.
1. Find some pictures of the bathroom that you would like to have in your home. It's not a bad idea, to cut some of these pictures out and place them on a large piece of cardboard.
2. Be realistic. If your bathroom is only 8 feet long and five feet wide, quit looking at the pictures in your magazines or books that of bathrooms that are built in large room's. Try to focus on pictures that are relative to the size of your bathroom.
3. Measure your bathtub, toilet and sink or sink cabinet. If your bathtub is 60 inches long, quit looking at bathtubs that are 66 inches long. Most toilets are standard sizes, but they do come in different shapes and heights. Make sure that your new sink or sink cabinet will be close to the same size of your existing one.
4. Use the same color fixtures. It's not a good idea to install a black bathtub and the white toilet, or a nickel plated shower handle and a gold plated faucet. Try to stick with the same wood trim for your flooring that your cabinets are made from.
5. If all else fails, you can hire a bathroom designer or contact a bathroom remodeling contractor for some better ideas and possible solutions to design your ideal bathroom.
This should give you some basic starting ideas for your new bathroom remodeling project. There are plenty of books that you can purchased for additional information and pictures of bathrooms, are all over the Internet. Take your time, make sure that you're comfortable with your bathroom design, before you start building or remodeling your bathroom.