Electrical Overload Outlet Damage From A Motor Home

If you have some one staying at your house in a trailer, that's plugged into your house and using your electricity, you had better read this article. This is something that happened to me, when my father in law was visiting us in the summer of 92. I just said that because it sounded good, I don't remember what year it actually was.

My father-in-law came to visit us for a few months and parked his motor home in a spot next to the home that I had prepared for him. I poured a nice concrete driveway, but never gave enough thought to electricity and waste.

He plugged a regular 14 gauge 100 foot long extension cord from an electrical outlet in my garage to his motor home. This wasn't that big of a problem, until it started to get a little warmer and he needed to start using his air-conditioning.

Nothing happened for a few days and I'm not suggesting that this will ever happen to you, but there is a possibility and that's why I'm sharing this story with you. Just because one thing happens to someone, it doesn't mean that it will ever happen to you. It could and that's why I'm writing this article.

I came home from work one day and he told me that he didn't have any electricity in his motor home. I gave the electrical cord a inspection, only to find out that my electrical outlet in the garage had been smoked and the extension cord was melted into it.

The motor home air-conditioning system drew too much electrical amperage for the extension cord to supply, causing it to heat up and melt until the electrical outlets until it disconnected from the electrical system. Electrical problems like these happen, but they can be avoided, by reading articles like these.

If you do have a trailer at your house and someone living in it, it wouldn't be a bad idea to contact a licensed electrician to remedy the situation and prevent any electrical overload outlet damage in the future. Remember that electrical problems like these start fires and this normally isn't a good thing.