Carbon Monoxide Problems

I couldn't believe what I was watching and listening to, as I watched a video on youtube the other day about carbon monoxide poisoning. The video that I was watching, involved two children dying as two frustrated parents dealt with their oldest son’s life on the line.

I had no idea that carbon monoxide poisoning kills people in their sleep and actually causes them to become drowsy and fall asleep, before killing them. If you don't know anything about carbon monoxide gases or poisoning, I would like to share some information with you about it.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless and tasteless gas that is hard to detect. It is produced by burning gas, oil, wood, charcoal and even kerosene products. The smoke from the burning of these fuels can become trapped in unventilated areas like your home.

Low levels of carbon monoxide can make you feel sick to your stomach, create shortness of breath and even give you a mild headache. Remember, I'm talking about low level warning signs, moderate to high levels of this deadly gas are going to be different.

If you're exposed to moderate or high levels of carbon monoxide for a long period of time, you can plan on getting a headache, feeling like you're going to throw up and dizziness. If you feel like you have any of these symptoms, you should get some fresh air as soon as possible.

If you think that someone has been exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide and they really don't feel good, you should take them to the hospital or call 911 for emergency services. Carbon monoxide poisoning is going to be harder on younger children and the elderly than it will be on someone that is in pretty good physical shape, between the ages of 18 and 60.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to learn a little bit more about home safety, especially if you weren't familiar with carbon monoxide poisoning. How many other home safety problems are you lacking knowledge about?