10 Things A Homeowner Won't Tell A Contractor
I've been a contractor in the state of California for
over 20 years and there are some things that a homeowner won't tell a
contractor. These are a few things that a contractor might want to hear,
but a reluctant homeowner, might have second thoughts telling their
contractors how they really feel.
1. We are happy with all of the work that you did in a timely manner and we appreciate your services.
2. We are happy with the way you performed your construction tasks, efficiently and we appreciate your services.
3. The work was done by a true professional and we would recommend you to any one of our friends.
4. The payment plan that you created in the contract worked out perfectly and never made us feel uncomfortable. It never seemed like you had too much of our money or we were putting you in a bad spot financially.
5. Thanks for keeping the job clean, it meant a lot to us, because we have seen other construction jobs that look like a tornado ran through them.
6. Thanks for helping us with our design. Working with your contractor on a daily, weekly or monthly basis can be frustrating or joyful. Let the contractor know either way how you are really feeling.
7. You and your crew are extremely hard-working and we appreciate the simple fact that you didn't come to work late or leave early.
8. Thanks for the reasonable priced estimate on our project. You helped us say a lot of money and we appreciate that sincerely.
9. Thanks for doing the extra work at a reasonable price. You could have gouged us at certain times, but you chose to be fair and work things out, in a way that would benefit both of us.
10. This one is the most important and often overlooked by homeowners and it's simple and easy to do. Thanks for doing what you said you were going to do and actually doing it.
Just a simple thank you and paying them on time, for a service well done is enough for most contractors. However, a little common courtesy can go a long way, even in the construction industry.